Sunday, December 9, 2007

Goodness!!!

Can I just tell you this is a hard game to play? First, stressing over every little detail of every little piece of every little element. Then, making sure everything is all put together right. Then, making sure the links work. THEN worrying about scrapping wolves who aren't happy no matter what (even though this kit is free and the links are staying up forever)! Thanks to everyone who is supportive of this endeavor!

If I may give my feelings on comments:
I've been there people. Downloading 60+ folders can be time consuming enough without leaving a comment on every single one! =) I'm not going to beg you to "leave me some love," and guilt you into leaving me a "Thanks." Would I absolutely ADORE 3 million thanks on my blog or 4Shared account? OF COURSE!!! So if you want to say thanks, go for it. I will love you forever. Especially if you live far away from me, cuz that's just cool that you even cared enough to stop by.

But I know that when I leave comments, it's because I absolutely LOVE the download, and I have something particular that I love about it. SO even better comments are ones that tell me WHY you love my contribution. I'll take the fact that you even downloaded it and added it to your rapidly filling hard drive as a sign that it was okay. I'll take comments that actually tell me what you liked as gems to treasure! =D

And the best of all, is when you tell me what you WOULD have liked better. I'm not talking about those (you know, the ones who aren't even reading my post...) who offer hurtful comments without offering solutions. I can take, "Hey, this part was blurry and that bugs me, could you clean it up?" no problem! It makes me better at making freebies, and gives you better freebies. Everyone wins. "Hey, your designs stink worse than my brother's year-old gym socks" is going to have the opposite effect. Who wants to put themselves out again after something like that?

So all I ask is this--if you don't like my stuff after you unzip it, throw it away. Then move on to someone whose stuff you like and use theirs. No problem. If you REALLY like something, go ahead and give me a holler. If you have a question for me, shoot me an e-mail at ARscrappingaddiction at gmail. (If you like stuff I did and would like to see different colors, sizes, etc. I'll see if I can work it in--if you're nice ;)

Okay. I'll put the soapbox away. Come to think of it, after spending so much time on the Whimsical Wonderland kit, I'd do better using it to clean my house! I'll get on that.

7 comments:

Rarole said...

Just want to drop i and say Hi from Monaco - and tell you that your gift was so appreciated. Most of us do our page LO's and find that the detail is tough - but to go through what you did - and then give it away - is incredible. Thank you very much.

Omaha Lacrosse Club said...

Commenting from Hawaii - Loved your post! From someone who posts freebies every day on my blog I know that it can be a frequently thankless task and the LEAST that people can do is leave a small thanks! So I'm doing one better...leaving you a short note of appreciation! As for your designs, I've only been able to download and unzip your elements, and REST ASSURED that they will have a place of honor on my VERY full hard drive...simply gorgeous! I love your clean lines and bit of glitter...just enough! Keep up the great work, I will certainly bookmark your blog and be back often in hopes of more!

I'd love to have you visit my blog if you ever get a chance! I'm at www.PineapplePlantation.blogspot.com .

Aloha - Shauna

Unknown said...

LOL! How did you know about my hard drive... Seriously though, I think it's rude not to acknowledge the hard work designers do by not leaving any comment at all. I am really excited about this super mega kit and I make sure to at least say THANKS each and every time I download! Once I CAN download, of course... You girls started something, everybody wants your work at the same time! :)

Tygre said...

Thank you SOOO much for your contribution to Whimsical Wonderland! The alphabet looks GREAT with the snowflakes and I love love love the ornaments and the reindeer is just absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for your time and energy!

Happy Holidays!

MaryEllen said...

Happy Holidays thanks so much for your contribution I just love the little reindeer and the papers are wonderful !!!

Scoobie81 (Lisa) said...

Thank you so much!!! I agree! It just amazes me the amount of time and talent and love that goes into these and I so appreciate it! The beauty is incredible!
Thank you,
Lisa

patchas said...

Thank you so much. Don't have much time as I am running to a luncheon, and just got back from hubby's doctor appointment, and have to stop by the pharmacy, and, gosh, I haven't even had breakfast or taken my pills, BUT you have a life too and took the time to make a beautiful freebie for me, so the least I can do is say THANKS SO MUCH, I really appreciate it, and wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and holiday season!! Stop by my blog if u get a chance: scrapsofsunshine.blogspot.com